Health is more than just going to see a doctor or getting tests done! Health involves making daily life choices that will help improve your mental and physical well-being. We want to help our patients to feel well informed! So that they can make healthcare decisions with their providers and when they are home. A key way to see if you are on the right track is setting a self-management goal!
A self-management goal is a target you and your provider sets together for your next visit! At the end of every visit, we want you to leave with a goal. This way, you have something to work towards for your next visit. These goals can be as simple or as complex as you want! We want to give you the chance to decide what you want to do at home to improve your health!
“Make sure when you leave CHS, you have YOUR GOAL for the next visit!”
Medications are prescribed by a healthcare professional. These medications when taken as directed are meant to help you improve your health. There are a few key things that you should always know about your medications!
- What is the medicine for – why are you taking it
- How do you take it – do you have to take it with food, on an empty stomach, etc.
- How often do you take it – how many times do you take it in a day
- When does it expire – if a medication is expired, do not take it
- How do you refill your prescription – what is the pharmacy number you need to call or do you need to see your provider
We want to make sure that everything you are doing at home is helping you stay healthy. If you don’t come back to see us, we cannot make changes if they are needed! Seeing your primary care provider on a consistent basis will also give us the opportunity to get to know you better!
We want to work with you on all your health needs!
That is only possible if you come see us during your scheduled or urgent visits!