Department: Adult Medicine
Since 1970, Community Health Services has existed to provide comprehensive health care services to the residents of Hartford and Windsor. We were made for the community, by the community, to offer a full spectrum of services to include medical, behavioral health care, dental care, a full-service pharmacy and more. Our goal is to offer our patients a medical home; a place where they can come for all of their needs; a place where the clinical staff know them by their first name. Our dedicated staff demonstrate the good we can do on a daily basis when we provide quality care with dignity to each and every individual. We want to help our patients get all of the health care they need – when they need it – so they may too live a healthier and happier life.
Are you a dedicated and ambitious healthcare Internal Medicine or Family Physician looking to take the next step in your career? Are you passionate about adult medicine and eager to lead a team in a dynamic healthcare environment? If so, we encourage you to apply for the position of Clinical Director of Adult Medicine, even if you have minimal administrative experience. We are committed to providing opportunities for talented individuals to grow and develop their careers. As the Clinical Director of Adult Medicine, you will play a vital role in leading our adult medicine department to ensure the highest quality of patient care and clinical excellence. While this position typically requires substantial experience, we recognize that talent and potential can outweigh years of experience. Therefore, we are open to candidates with limited administrative experience who demonstrate the drive, dedication, and clinical knowledge necessary to excel in this role.
Our Adult Medicine Department diabetes program has been recognized by the NCQA. In addition, the department has a top-performing Ryan White program and a robust Care Coordination Team. Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, the Clinical Director, in collaboration with the Nurse Manager, Practice Manager, and Director of Infectious Diseases will provide general oversight and leadership of the department. In this role, you will support the continuous improvement of clinical operations, provider workflow, patient satisfaction and financial performance. The Clinical Director will deliver direct clinical care as well as administrative oversight.
Successful Candidate can expect compensation with the range of $220,000 – $292,500
The successful candidate will be a graduate of an accredited medical school, and will have:
- Board certification in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- The willingness and ability to deliver high quality patient care in an efficient manner
- Familiarity and comfort level with providing quality care to underserved populations with complex needs
- Relevant business experience, especially working in a large health center setting and/or private practice serving as either a Director or Associate Director
- Experience with recruitment, on-boarding, retention and discipline of clinical providers, staff
- Familiarity with compliance issues as it relates to specific area of clinical expertise
- Experience supervising advanced practitioners (APRNs, PAs)
- Demonstrated ability in developing and participating in department strategic goals and direction
- Experience with nurturing a culture of continuous improvement, team work and collaboration
- A quality focus, including an understanding of ongoing professional practice evaluation
- Superior communication skills and the ability to build and maintain positive and productive relationships with clinical and administrative staff, patients, and external partners and stakeholders
- An aptitude for collecting, analyzing and presenting data and comfort making defensible, evidence-based decisions
- Experience making value-added contributions to enterprise-level projects
- Skill with electronic health record system
- Skill in exercising initiative, judgment and discretion to help achieve organization objectives
- A resourceful, problem-solving attitude; willing to be accountable
- Alignment with the organizational mission and demonstration of Core Values and Permission to Play Values
CHS requires all new employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19 prior to starting employment with CHS unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
Some benefit programs available to eligible employees include:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan and up to 4% Employer Match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employer Paid Short Term Disability
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Various Leave Programs – Bereavement, Military, Maternity, and more
- Community Health Services participates in the NHSC Loan Repayment Program
Community Health Services is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this job please visit secure.entertimeonline.com.