Department: Adult Medicine
Exempt, Full-Time Position
Community Health Services participates in the NHSC Loan Repayment Program.
Since 1970, Community Health Services has existed to provide comprehensive health care services to the residents of Hartford and Windsor. We were made for the community, by the community, to offer a full spectrum of services to include medical, behavioral health care, dental care, a full-service pharmacy and more. Our goal is to offer our patients a medical home; a place where they can come for all of their needs; a place where the clinical staff know them by their first name. Our dedicated staff demonstrate the good we can do on a daily basis when we provide quality care with dignity to each and every individual. We want to help our patients get all of the health care they need — when they need it — so they may too live a healthier and happier life.
Community Health Services is searching for a Nurse Practitioner for our Women’s Health Department – someone who works well in a fast-paced clinic and hospital setting. In this position, you will practice in an advanced role to provide care for obstetrics and/or gynecological patients. Includes but is not limited to outpatient roles in pre-natal care, well woman, and gynecology services as well as inpatient roles such as rounding.
The nurse practitioner (NP) works under a delineation of clinical privileges and works collaboratively with other members of the health care team. Practicing under established guidelines and clinical protocols, the NP assumes independent and interdependent responsibilities in the assessment, diagnosis and initiation of treatment and procedures. As an advanced practice nurse, the NP is responsible for education, research, consultation and evaluation of clinical practice at various levels.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a graduate of an accredited nurse practitioner program
- Board certification by a national nurse practitioner certifying body (AANP, ANCC, PNCB, NCC, AACN)
- Possess valid State of Connecticut licensure as an advanced practice registered nurse
- Have or be eligible to obtain a valid DEA and Connecticut Controlled Substance permit
- Have a CPR certification at the healthcare provider level or eligible to obtain certification within 90 days of hire
- Be able to perform all standard office-based obstetrical and gynecological procedures
- Have a deep knowledge of nursing theory and practice or physician assistant theory and practice coupled with a record of providing high quality, comprehensive, professional clinical care to patients according to established standards, protocols and practices.
- Possess the ability to provide cultural competent care to a diverse patient population in a collaborative environment.
- Have skill taking medical history, assessing medical conditions and interpreting findings.
- Have a track record of proven success communicating effectively with patients, peers, and other stakeholders both orally and in writing.
- Have demonstrated ability to maintain timely, thorough and accurate written clinical documentation
- Be able to make evidence-based clinical decisions and comply with department and organizational quality measures
- Be comfortable using electronic health record and other computer systems
- Be willing to perform other duties as assigned.
- Candidates with 1-2 years’ experience working in an ambulatory setting or providing urgent care are preferred.
- All candidates for employment at CHS must successfully pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Some benefit programs available to eligible employees include:
- Community Health Services participates in the NHSC Loan Repayment Program
- Paid Malpractice and CME
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan and up to 4% Employer Match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Competitive Pay
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employer Paid Short Term Disability
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Worker’s Compensation
- Various Leave Programs – Bereavement, Military, Maternity, and more
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements:
CHS requires all new employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19 prior to starting employment with CHS unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
Community Health Services is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this job please visit secure.entertimeonline.com.