Department: Adult Medicine
Exempt, Full-Time Position
Compensation Range: $163,800 – $241-000
Community Health Services participates in the NHSC Loan Repayment Program
Since 1970, Community Health Services has existed to provide comprehensive health care services to the residents of Hartford and Windsor. We were made for the community, by the community, to offer a full spectrum of services to include medical, behavioral health care, dental care, a full-service pharmacy and more. Our goal is to offer our patients a medical home; a place where they can come for all of their needs; a place where the clinical staff know them by their first name. Our dedicated staff demonstrate the good we can do on a daily basis when we provide quality care with dignity to each and every individual. We want to help our patients get all of the health care they need — when they need it — so they may too live a healthier and happier life.
Community Health Services, Inc. is seeking qualified, experienced Staff Physicians to provide care in our Adult Medicine clinic. The Staff Physician provides comprehensive primary health care including health promotion and disease prevention activities for CHS patients. The incumbent provides specialized care in collaboration with and as part of a care team.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a graduate of an accredited school of medicine and possess Board Certification in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine or Infectious Disease
- Possess valid State of Connecticut licensure and have or be eligible to obtain DEA and state narcotic registration
- Be willing and able to deliver high quality patient care in an efficient manner
- Be willing and able to provide culturally competent care to a diverse patient population with complex needs in a collaborative environment.
- Have a track record of proven success communicating effectively with patients, peers, and other stakeholders both orally and in writing.
- Have demonstrated ability to maintain timely, thorough and accurate written clinical documentation
- Be able to make evidence-based clinical decisions and comply with department and organizational quality measures
- Be comfortable using electronic health record and other computer systems
- Possess a resourceful, problem-solving attitude and an appropriate level of accountability
- Be willing to perform other duties as assigned
- Candidates with 3+ years’ experience working in an ambulatory setting or providing urgent care are strongly preferred. Candidates who are bilingual in Spanish and English are preferred.
- All candidates for employment at CHS must successfully pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Some benefit programs available to eligible employees include:
- Community Health Services participates in the NHSC Loan Repayment Program
- Productivity bonus
- Paid Malpractice and CME
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan and up to 4% Employer Match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Competitive Pay
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employer Paid Short Term Disability
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Worker’s Compensation
- Various Leave Programs – Bereavement, Military, Maternity, and more
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements:
CHS requires all new employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19 prior to starting employment with CHS unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
Community Health Services is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this job please visit secure.entertimeonline.com.